I need to brag a little bit.
Recently I made all of the judge food for our Regional speech and debate tournament (about 120 people, 3 meals a day, 4 days). I had some excellent helpers! (See picture.) I couldn’t have done it without them.
Now the part that I’m bragging about is this… One day for lunch I made four salads. Southwest Quinoa, Chicken Penne Thyme, Greek Orzo and Chicken Curry. Everyone LOVED them! Everyone. I’ve received e-mails saying how great the salads were! (Everyone except some guy who wanted some meat. Beef to be exact. Chicken wasn’t cutting it!)
I love it when I can make people so happy that they won’t stop talking about it.
I thought I would share one of the salad recipes with you!
Chicken Curry Salad
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp finely ground sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups diced chicken
- 1 granny smith apple – diced small
- 2 cups celery – chopped
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup red onion – finely diced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Optional – sliced grapes or chopped walnuts
- Combine dressing ingredients in a medium bowl. Taste, taste, taste and adjust seasonings as needed. (It should be bold in flavor and taste slightly stronger than you want the salad to taste.)
- Add salad ingredients and combine well.
- Taste again and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Serve as a sandwich or wrap filling or an it’s own. Enjoy!