This. Dip. Is. Amazing. You will never want to use ranch again! Tzatziki sauce either. It’s great with veggies, all kinds of meat, over rice, with chips… pretty much anything you can think of. And if you just add some vinegar it would make a wonderfully creamy salad dressing. You will be eating this by the spoonful and licking the bowl (both of which have been done)!
I made this dip for the first time this weekend, in a gigantic sized batch. This recipe should give you similar results on a smaller scale!
*Please note that this dip is best if made at least one day before serving. The first time I made it I kept adding lime juice and salt, trying to get it to taste like something other than mayo. I put it in the fridge without really being happy with the flavor – but the next day it was wonderful!
Creamy Cilantro Dip/Dressing
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 1/4 c sour cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1-2 garlic cloves – minced
- 6 T chopped fresh cilantro (you can never have to0 much cilantro, so feel free to add more than this)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Taste and adjust the lime juice and salt if needed.
- Refrigerate over night if able.
- Allow dip to become your new addiction!
Serve with anything savory. I mean ANYTHING.