Meal Number Two – Wednesday Dinner
I found a rump roast, dried and canned beans and a couple of forms of canned tomatoes. What does this make??? Chili!
- 2-3 c dried pinto beans – soaked overnight if possible
- 1/8-1/4 c dried minced garlic
- 6-8 c water (more if needed)
Cook beans until tender.
- 1/2 of a large beef rump roast
- few T oil – for browning meat
- 1 can black beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 can garbanzo beans – drained and rinsed
- 2 cans red kidney beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 can peeled tomatoes, crushed before adding
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1/2 can spaghetti sauce
- 1-2 T crushed dried red chili peppers
- salt – to taste
- cheddar cheese – grated (to sprinkle on top)
- After cooking the pinto beans, dice meat and brown in a little bit of oil.
- Combined all ingredients, including any liquids from the tomatoes or the cooked meat, in a large soup pot and heat until it is hot and bubbling.
- Serve Chili topped with grated cheddar cheese. Enjoy!
All of the kids loved it! (Even the little one with a loose tooth who started dinner by complaining about not being able to chew even a banana…)
*Please note that this chili was a way to use up some random leftovers and canned goods. Canned goods can be adjusted to utilize what you have on hand.*